Saturday, April 4, 2009

New at Kreated

I'm a little obsessed with recycled materials and antique bronze at the moment. The antique bronze works really well with this season's colours and who can't do with a spare heart if you're like me and wear yours on your sleeve!

Each piece is available at Kreated on Etsy or MadeIt


Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree ”

~ Emily Bronte

A wearable depiction of the bronze-golden hues of Autumn and the oncoming silver light of Winter, this 36 cm long chain with a 14 cm drop piece is perfect for layering with both shorter and longer necklaces.

The silver leaves are patterned on one side and quite light like leaves that you would see fluttering in the wind.

“Some people wear their heart up on their sleeve. I wear mine underneath my right pant leg, strapped to my boot.”
~ Ani Difranco

For those of you who love to fall in love and wear your heart on your sleeve, here's a spare one or two for when it doesn't go quite to plan.

The crystal is a recycled piece from an old necklace while the hearts are cast metal.



The Wicked Witch of the East enchanted his axe to prevent him from marrying the girl that he loved. The enchanted axe chopped off his limbs, one by one. Each time he lost a limb, Nick Chopper replaced it with a prosthetic limb made of tin. Finally, nothing was left of him but tin. However, Ku-Klip, the tinsmith who helped him, neglected to replace his heart. Once Nick Chopper was made entirely of tin, he was no longer able to love the girl he had fallen for.


Wicked Witch of the East or the love of Tin Man's life, wear his shiny new heart around your neck.

The chandelier crystal is recycled, old school lead crystal found when I was packing up my Dad's house (so there's a little bit of my heart in there for you too!)... I suspect it came from the chandelier in a house we had about 20 years ago.


Bookmark and Share

0 Comments: